Travelling to the IslandsJuly 23, 2018
RespectJuly 23, 2018
- Show respect to monks, novices and nuns, don’t offer to shake hands, avoid stepping on a monk’s shadow.
- Ladies do not sit next to or hand anything directly to Buddhist monks.
- Show respect by not taking photos or disturbing monks during prayer times.
- Don’t sit with your back or feet towards Buddha’s image.
- Handle Buddha images or sacred objects with respect and avoid placing them in inappropriate places (on the floor for example).